DOES ANYONE FIND IT HARD TO COMMUNICATE WITH THEIR SPOUSE

VIRGA_KEMP

Asked by VIRGA_KEMP at 7:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• That's because they are men. It the nature of things. LOL
    TwinkleC

Answer by TwinkleC at 7:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• YES. And on days like today, I also find it hard to not throw things at him and make him sleep in the driveway.
    NIKopotamous

Answer by NIKopotamous at 7:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• All the time! I don't know if it's me, or him, or a combination, but we just don't seem to understand what the other is trying to say. He tends to get all butt hurt about anything and everything I say, and I'm too impatient to deal with that sort of thing. Idk when things got so weird between us.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• The hubs and I have a LOT of communication issues. I'm a talker, he's a stewer. When an issue comes up, I want to talk it out, brainstorm, figure out solutions. He hates to talk about things that upset him/stress him out, so he will refuse to talk to and just walk away. It's frustrating as hell, but he's finally (recently) acknowledged that yes, it is a problem. There's no compromise possible when one person just removes themselves from the discussion. So... marriage counseling, here we come. I'm hoping with 3rd party help, we'll be able to sort of...fuse our communication styles, so that maybe I talk at him a little less, and he opens up a little more.
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 7:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• We're polar opposites when it comes to thinking. Its funny because with inane stuff we're completely on the same wavelength lol.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 7:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I definitely have a hard time communicating with my SO...i'm the type to want to talk everything out and he's the type to hold everything in, so it makes it harder trying to get how he feels about a situation out. I guess it's a men thing..not wanting to talk about their feelings lol
    SNKMillers

Answer by SNKMillers at 7:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• No - I wouldn't have married him if I couldn't communicate with him. I had that problem with my ex and I learned a lot from that situation!

Answer by missanc at 7:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2010