We're pregnant! Now when can we tell everyone?!

My husband and I were insanely excited to find out this morning that we're expecting baby #2. I took two tests this morning and both were positive. I was just wondering how long everyone waited until telling family and friends. My husband doesn't want me to tell anyone right now and its eating a hole in me! lol.

Laur26

Asked by Laur26 at 7:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i told my mom right away and everyone else when i hit 12 weeks
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 7:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• We usually waited until after the first trimester was over. Congrats!!!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i told my family right away, with his family he wanted to tell them and i think he waited like 1 week
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Most people will probably say wait until you go to the drs or 12 weeks...BUT I probably wouldn't be able to keep it in and I would HAVE to tell my mom!!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• We waited until we heard the heartbeat...so after 12 weeks or so.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I'm almost 5 months, and my mom is the only one that knows lol
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 7:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I would limit it to one or two immediate family members, but wait until after your first prenatal exam--usually around 9-12 weeks/1st trimester, and if all is going well with you and your little one, then tell the rest of the world! :o) Reason being, IF you were to miscarry, it will be harder to have to keep explaining over and over again what happened.

I only told my MIL (not even my mother!) when I was 5 weeks. We told the rest of the family after my 1st appointment. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i personally wont tell anyone until i am 3 months!
    liltinymommy

Answer by liltinymommy at 7:49 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Congrats. This is completely up to you. The issue with telling early is that on the small chance something does happen then you have all those people to retell the horrible news to, but then again you also have all those people as support for you to. We waited to tell family until about 2 months with the first and about 1.5 months with the second because we announced both at Thanksgiving dinner. As for friends when they started to notice we spilled the beans.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I told my mom right away and my sister-in-law. I didn't tell anyone else until I found out for sure from the doctor that I was pregnant my husband didn't tell his mom until I was 10 wks though he didn't want to jinxs it. She was also kinda against him having any kids cause he pays child support for three already but I only had one baby and she is 6 and I wanted one more and he is a boy. I didn't wait very long as soon as mine was confirmed I started telling everyone lol. I did the same with my first daughter he he.
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2010