HOW CAN YOU SAVE MONEY WHEN EVERY TIME YOU GET A PAYCHECK YOU HAVE TO PAY BILLS, AND THEN YOU STILL DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY EVERYTHING THAT'S DUE? ANY ADVICE?

VIRGA_KEMP

Asked by VIRGA_KEMP at 7:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• 1. get a second job
    2. get a higher paying job
    3. if both parents live together they need to both be working

essentially bring in more money and have a good budget to follow
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• im going through the same thing... well kind of.. i WAS its better now. So had to get a better job, and i picked up a few hours at my job.

made a budget are sticking to it.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Good answer! ^

Also, automatically take 10% off your pay and put it into an interest bearing savings account. You'll have 10% less to work with and you'll find ways to save. You'll have to! Cut back to basic necessities until you have a good budget worked out.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 7:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Cut back on everything you do not need.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 8:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• You either need to spend less or earn more. Here are a few suggestions for cutting back:
    Buy towels and napkins at a second hand shop or garage sale, and stop using paper.
    Make your own cleaners (send me a message for a great recipe)
    Use lots of dried beans and lentils; have breakfast for dinner; plan meals and snacks before you shop; buy only what is on your list; drink only water.
    I have a ton of recipes that are healthy, tasty, family and budget friendly. If you send me a message offlist, I will be happy to send you recipes and my complete list of ways to save money at the grocery store. There are three of us, plus frequent extra teens. We eat a mostly organic diet, and spend around $80 a week on groceries.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Cut back on everything,if possible get a second job until you reach your goal. Or you use the extra money to pay some bills off. Can you do over time on your jobs?
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2010