Weekend Vacations

Where is a good place to go on a weekend vacation in the Northeast? Like in NY, VT, NH, MA, ME, CT, and surrounding areas lol...

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ME is probably our favorite summer destination, because of the beautiful coastline, smell of the sea air. Kennebunkport, York Harbor and York Beach, Camden are awesome!
    Rhode Island! There are nice beaches...Watch Hill (quieter), Misquamicut (more honky tonk), Scarborough beach (great for families).
    NY state is beautiful and we love the Adirondack Park and surrounding lakes...Tupper, Placid, Saranac, etc. Great hiking and swimming.
    MA is great for Boston and we go there to spend the day at Quincy Market, Boston Harbor, then walk up to Fenway Park for an evening Red Sox game!! (but, not in extreme heat.) We are going to visit Northeastern University w/my daughter this summer.
    I live in CT and would say we have some nice lakes, a great amusement park (Lake Compounce) but nothing thrilling. Our beaches are OK, but not as nice as RI.
    Hope that's not TMI! Have fun!!
    dflygirl7

Answer by dflygirl7 at 8:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I want 2 go 2 NY mayb I will someday.
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Answer by USPS-I-DELIVER at 7:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I would go to NY too. I always wanted to go there.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 8:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• There are a GAZILLION places to go for a weekend retreat! It all depends on what you want to do! If it's a romantic getaway, then I recommend any of the quaint Bed and Breakfast Inns in Vermont, Cape Cod, or Martha's Vineyard. If it's a family vacation, any of the beaches along Cape Cod (the inner cape has MUCH warmer water--like a lagoon!), and bring your bikes--there are tons of bike paths all around. If you like hiking/camping then western Mass, Vermont, NH, Maine are the places to go. If you want to take a history vacation, then Boston or Old Sturbridge Village is where you want to be! :o)

Check out each states' "travel and tourism" website to see what each state "boasts" about! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• NH and ME are my fav's... lots of places to go!! What are you looking for... mountains, ocean, resort, camping, good shopping??? Look into N. Conway area of NH for shopping, lots of attractions, and awesome mountains. The Lake Winnipesaukee area in NH is great too!! In Maine... York to Freeport ... .you really can't miss there... shopping, sea coast beauty!! I also love area north of Sebago, west to the NH border. There's inns, B&B's, resorts..... all price ranges - so I guess it all depends on what your looking for ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I love the jersey shore. Me and my SO just went to atlantic city this past weekend. I love seaside heights, NJ alot too. NYC is always fun but i live a half an hour away & have gone there often so its not much of a vacation. im more of a beach kind of person.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2010