Have you ever had something taken away from you only to find you got something even better come into your life?

michelle146

Asked by michelle146 at 8:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My husband ended up unemployed for 6 months last year. That's what was lost.
    What we gained was a sense of what is really important.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 8:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yep. My house:) Long. long story, but it was the best thing that could've ever happened!
    At the time it seemed like the worst, but everything happens for a reason.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 8:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yes i lost my relationship with my grandma only to find a healthier one with my aunt. im still sad to have lost my relationship with my grandma but im happier and healthier now.
    renniemom3

Answer by renniemom3 at 8:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• If my father hadn't died when I was 15 I wouldn't have my husband. We met online right after his death and if he had still been alive he would have put the brakes on the whole thing SUPER fast. I would not have been allowed to contact my husband in any way shape or form and I would have been forced to become a hermitt, with no access to the computer or phone (our means of communication).

I hate to say that my dad is less than my husband, but everyone loses their parents at some point, and other good things came from his death for me as well. In the end, i'm thankful that he died when he did, because it gave me the opportunity to meet my soul mate, learn to be a woman and come to terms with the ways in which I grieve.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Great question. When I was younger, my family got robbed at gun point...and we lost just about every dime we had since my parents at the time didn't believe in the bank. Growing up with no money made the bond between my siblings and I much stronger and we learned to value people not things. It was a hard life for all of us but we all made it as well rounded adults.

denswife

Answer by denswife at 10:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2010