How do YOU make strawberry shorcake?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 8:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I make an actual shortcake- similar to a sweeter biscuit. Put a square of that in a bowl, put strawberries and sugar on it and cream or milk.

Answer by Bmat at 8:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Depends - if it's mom's mom's way, it's biscuits and simple syrup w/ strawberries. If it's dad's mom's way it's sponge cake w/ defrosted canned strawberries in syrup. Either way I'll whip up heavy cream for the top unless we're taking it somewhere and cool whip travels better.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i like to make shortcakes from bisquick, split them in half and fill w/ strawberries and the whip cream from the can (not cool whip). i slice the strawberries and mix them w/ a little sugar the night before to get them juicy.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• http://www.joyofbaking.com/StrawberryRecipes.html

Browse this page, I am thinking of doing the Vanilla Meringue with Strawberries and Creme, or the shortcake for my sons birthday cake....LOOKS DELICIOUS RIGHT?

DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 8:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• angel food cake, strawberries with my special ingredient (no i'm not telling), and whipped cream or still frozen cool whip
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• We prefer pound cake, A 1/2 inch thick slice . Strawberries are always fresh that have been cleaned, hulled and slightly mashed with sugar or splenda and set aside for at least an hour. Cream is always heavy cream sweetened and whipped. Assembly.. a spoonful of berries in the bowl, slice of cake, a ladle of strawberries and the cream on top. If my Mom is over chopped pecans sprinkled on the cream.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• biscuits...
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Real shortcake the way my grandmother taught me with sliced strawberries and real whipped cream.Though to have it more often I mush my strawberries put them in the frig for a couple of hours to get juicy put on shortcake without the cream.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 11:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I make the shortcakes from Bisquick, and whip my cream fresh with sugar and vanilla- I serve by slicing shortcakes, placing berries on top and then top the entire dish with fresh whipped cream. I love this dessert :)
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:06 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Jiffy sweet cornbread made using recipe on the box is yum and cheap for strawberry shortcake.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2010