IS IT O.K. TO NOT HAVE ANY FRIENDS?

VIRGA_KEMP

Asked by VIRGA_KEMP at 8:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• IMO, I don't think it is okay. I think everyone needs at least 1 friend.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 8:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Sure. I think it would be lonely, but some people like it that way. They have more time for themselves.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 8:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I don't have any friends and I don't like it. It's lonely. :(
    truthsangel

Answer by truthsangel at 8:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• sure. I don't have any. I have people i'm social with but nobody i really consider "close friends" Friends are too needy and i already have too many people that need me.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I suspect that as women we benefit a lot by having friends. It is possible that these days that sites such as CM fill that function to at least a certain extent. I like having people I can share with and ask for or give help as needed. Is is possible to get along without someone to share confidences with or ask for advice? I don't know. I suspect it is in our make up that we crave a community. The reason I suspect this is if you think of our foremothers, they could hardly survive on their own, they needed a village to help protect the children and teach the moms and raise the children while the dads were out hunting.

Answer by Bmat at 8:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Truthsangel, I am sorry that you are lonely. I wonder if you could join a religious group or a civic service group- some kind of volunteer group. or take classes, or join a book club... some place where you are around other people. I think you'd make friends if you found people with similar interests. ((hugs))

Answer by Bmat at 8:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i can't imagine why someone wouldn't have any friends. that would be so lonely. i don't know where i'd be w/o my friends
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I have no friends and I LOVE it that way. I have my kids and my husband and I have no need or desire for anything other than that. I've never felt lonely without them either- in fact when people come over to my house I can't wait for them to just leave so I can be alone again.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• If your okay with it then it's okay. It's good to have some people you are close to though even family can count as friends.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I Think Everyone needs friends at least a few people you can trust that not family
    MinnieMoni

Answer by MinnieMoni at 8:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2010