older/hormonal moms..ever have problems tanning evenly, on the face or neck?

i don't, but suddenly remembered a few clients years back who had problems with the front of the throat..seemed like a patch of skin(perhaps pertaining to the thyroid??) that never seemed to tan..at a certain age.

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 8:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• No because I avoid tanning my face and neck. Sun exposure is the leading cause of wrinkles and skin damage.
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My mom is only 34 but she has this...It reminds me of a dark blotch like burnt/cooked skin on her neck

She is usually very pale and if she goes in the sun she just gets red. She is SUPER HORMONAL
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 8:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• After twenty years off and on in the tanning booth, unfortunately, I am now starting to see the damage to the upper chest area. Maybe that has something to do with it? I don't do it anymore. Sally's Salon Bronze Home Spray Tan System is all I use right now. Of course, I only do my legs, but it works great!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• As a peri-menopausal woman I can vouch that it is true..and hormones is exactly what dermatology said the problem was.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2010