Do you buy bottled water or do you drink tap water?

I'm afraid of the plastic bottling now and wondering if somewhere along the way the bottles may have sat in direct sunlight. Am I crazy for thinking this way? And is tap water safe?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 8:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Health

• We have well water that is very high quality and we drink that and fill our own BPA free water bottles before leaving home. Occasionally we will have to buy it when out and about, but I hate that. Not only is it not good for the environment and possibly for us (chemicals in the plastic), but also most of the bottled stuff is simply tap water any way.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• both, but I really can't stand tap water unless it's cold.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 8:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• We have an on the faucet filter. I typically don't worry about it - most bottled water is just filtered tap water anyway. Why pay by the bottle when I have it right there?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• both.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I drink both. Bottle water when I am out and tap when I am home.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 8:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Tap water unless we are out and about and not near a drinking foutain. Not a fan of paying for something I can get pretty much for free.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 8:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Tap usually. I don't buy bottled at the store, but if I'm out and want some water, I'll get some from the gas station or something. I've been drinking tap for nearly 27 years now, so I guess it's safe enough.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i drink tap. i dont think it's worth it to buy bottled. and i dont know where to recycle around here.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I used to buy water until I go a filter for my sink and I put it in a pitcher and let it get cold.

For my son I get nursery water...So i buy it
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 8:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Both. I have a ting in the fridge that filters water (it;s a big rectangular jug) that the kids can get to easily using a spout. I also buy bottled to bring with us to the park and so on, but also recycle the bottles and have reusable bottles we use around the house. yes DON'T leave bottled water in the vehicle.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 8:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2010