Anyone get a best buy gift card in the mail you didn't order?

We did today, it says happy father's day on it. It's from their return center... it says it was ordered 6/20 but we didn't order it. Strange.... scam?

Bellarose0212

Asked by Bellarose0212 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We didn't but it would have been nice.
    There should be a number on the back of it to call and check the balance. Do that and see if it's for real. Could have just mailed it to the wrong person. Or it could be some kind of promotion thing. If there's money on it, I'd use it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Nope not here. Have you called there call center and ask them about it? That is what I would do.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Not me.
    TwinkleC

Answer by TwinkleC at 8:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Perhaps. Being the doubting Thomas that I am, I would cut it up and throw it away. I guess you could go online and check to see how much money is on it. Is there a chance that someone might have sent it to your husband?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• nope, but if its legit i want a free best buy gift card lol
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 8:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• nope! but of course I havent even checked my mail!
    bcw4786

Answer by bcw4786 at 8:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I agree with the posters that said to call them about it. That's what I would do. Did you ask family? Maybe his mom or some other family member got it for him. But I would call, because it very well could be legit.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Are you part of their rewards program? They've sent me free gift cards before when I hit certain levels on the rewards card. I don't remember if I had to order them or not though. You should def call the number, check the balance and make sure it wasnt mailed to you on accident when it was supposed to go to someone else.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Thanks everyone. We'll call tmw. I just wanted to check and see if there was a known scam running or something. It's possible his bio dad sent it, but he hasn't mentioned anything.
    Bellarose0212

Comment by Bellarose0212 (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Jun. 28, 2010