stress relief

How do you relieve family/chore induced stress? i need good ideas im to the point of stress headaches.

renniemom3

Asked by renniemom3 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Health

• I sometimes sleep or go for a walk. Lately I been exercising more and it helps a lot.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 8:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Meditate
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• take a bath, some wine???
    QandA

• Take time to smell the roses. Every day for 15 minutes or so, take a mini-vacation. Be by yourself, no phone, quiet or pleasant music, visualize a place that you enjoy- the beach, the mall, wherever. Breathe in and out slowly. Relax all of your body from toes to scalp. Don't let your mind wander back to chores. Stay in your pleasant place.

Answer by Bmat at 8:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It's time to step back and try to find a permanent solution to your family induced stress!
    I have found an excellent site which offers various stress solutions from meditation to hypnosis. I found the breathing exercises were the best for me and my family as they calmed me down quickly and brought a calmness that was relaxing to me and problems didn't affect me so much. I then did the visualisation meditation procedures and who doesn't like to visualise walking along a perfect tropical beach withe the gentle sound of waves on a sparkling blue sea crashing against a white sand beach??? The sound of the wind in the palm trees gives a wonderful calming and relaxing background effect. Lots of good advice at reliefforstressdotorg. Hope that helps. Good luck to you.
    Stressfreenow

Answer by Stressfreenow at 7:13 AM on Jun. 30, 2010