Sources

What are some of the more reliable online sources you know of when it comes to your religion, or even religion in general?

Which sources do you find to not be so reliable?

bandgeek521

Asked by bandgeek521 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• At this point in time, I have to double and triple check everything... No one is completely accurate because so much in religion is based on ideas and personal thought.

I also like to verify things historically on secular sites. Religions have a habit of adjusting things slightly in their favor.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• The official church website, and unreliable sources are people that aren't of our religion trying to tell us how the church works.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I'm still working on getting my website up and running, it's a lot of work! But I hope to have it up by Samhain/Halloween. Beyond that I have a blog with information and always more to come called One Witches Wonderland. You can also check out PagansPath for good information as well.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I find religious tolerance to be a good source.

If I see ANYTHING by answersingenesis, or conservapedia, I run the other way.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Like CAgirl said official websites are better, but its always good to back up information with other sources if you want it to be really reliable. For my religion I like Catholic Answers a lot but the same goes for all religions.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I'm LDS, aka Mormon, and our official websites are generally the only way to go to get accurate information 100% of the time. That would be lds.org (more for current members of our church) and mormon.org (more for people who want to know more about our church).

There is a lot of hateful literature online about LDS people, so the internet in general is a great place to go for inaccurate information.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 9:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i trust religious tolerance and belief.net to be pretty reliable. and i'll even trust wikipedia if its just for a simple question and the page doesnt sound super biased.

i never trust any site thats of one religion telling me why all the other religions are wrong. and i dont trust sites that have adds for KKK or WBC or anything that unbelievably hateful and onesided.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I never trust any religion's "homepage". It's always propaganda and lies. As an atheist I trust the Freedom From Religion Foundation's website, and Austin Cline's about.atheism.com website and newsletters. As a witch I like Patti Wigington's about.paganism.com site and have found a number of good sites for finding spells and rituals that actually work.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• beliefnet.com
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• As for not-so-reliable...

any "truth about Pagans" site created by christians
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2010