Do your husband and mother get along okay?

The ultimate question. Husband vs. Mother. lol

Mine get along sometimes, but my mom is such a control freak and my husband, as far as his family and household go, is always in charge of the decisions (not meaning that in a shovanistic way, but he pretty much is in charge) so when my mom is here it is very akward. Plus she is very refined and doesn't like cussing that much where as he cusses all the time. So it's always akward when they're in the same room together.

Anyone else? lol

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 8:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Luckily my husband and mom get along very well, they have had their differences in the past, but hopefully that will always stay in the past.
    MommyToTwo0408

Answer by MommyToTwo0408 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i hate my mom more than my fiance hates her so that's not an issue. i don't even consider myself to have a mom because she wasn't a mom, just an abusive psychopath. he hates her for what she did to all of us (her children) and i'm perfectly fine with that
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• They get along though there are things he does that she doesn't like but she does love him. He goes over there without me sometimes and it pisses me off bc she is my mom not his lol
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• haha, they get along okay. my husband thinks my mom's crazy though, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Wow! I'm sorry to hear that alii. It's okay though, I don't have much love for my dad either. And sometimes I dont' have that much love for my mom because of how she lets my dad treat me.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• my dh is not fond of my mother. no one can compare to his!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Hahaha...no. I have disowned my mother and hubby has nothing to do with her.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 9:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• mine get along just fine!!!!! he calls her mom and says i love you to her.
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My mom loves him like a son.
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• When my Mom was alive, they got along pretty good. Now me and HIS mom, oh that is a different story.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2010