I saw a VERY pregnant woman smoking at the pool earlier..does anyone else find that disturbing?

bcw4786

Asked by bcw4786 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Health

• Nah. Her life, her baby, her body. Her choice.
    I don't really find much disturbing.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Not as disturbing as one who drinks or does drugs or sleeps around or cant support her child or who drives wrecklessly....is it ideal? No. But I've seen women doing far worse whilst preggo....
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• There was this pregnant women I worked with a little while ago who used to stand outside on her breaks and smoke and the customers that were coming in would give her dirty looks and make comments and all she'd do is flip them off. I personally find it selfish, disgusting and even a form of child abuse.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

I don't really find much disturbing.

ditto.. its sad but you cant do much abut it
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yes. But, it her body and if she wants to risk her baby let her. Sad though.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• *it is her body* sorry
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yea it is disturbing but I think of it this way. As long as she did have a cocktail next to her. And OH my biggest pet peeve METHADONE use. I mean I understand why they have to stay on it (because the stress of stopping would cause trauma to the fetus), but that little angel has to go thru HELL of detox because your dumb ass had to use heroin?!?!?! <> so yea it is disturbing but there is worse.
    SillyMomma

Answer by SillyMomma at 8:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I also dont find it as disturbing as abortions....
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Personally, I'd raise an eyebrow... but I'm not about to go smack the cigarette out of her hand. You never know, it could be her one smoke for the day and not that I think that's okay, but it's better than smoking two packs a day. I wish we lived in a perfect world, but alas, be don't.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It bothers me, but it's not my place to say anything to her about it.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2010