Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC against Dr's Advice?

So my OB told me to stop TTC for one month due to thyroid issues. I can't.. I really really don't want to. Based on OPK's I should ovulate tomorrow or the next day. We've been trying so long and I had a m/c back in April that devastated us. We want another baby so bad and my OB's thought process was I could decrease my chances of another m/c if I wait. My theory is if it's meant to happen it'll happen. I've already had one too many m/c and I feel as though no one truly has control except the Big Man above. I'm not sure what would you ladies do? I need some good advice. Please no bashing.

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

Answers (8)
  • Well, if you really feel you've had one too many miscarriages, and I agree any is one too many. Then I think you should listen to your doctor. I believe the man upstairs gives us free will. We make choices that increase or decrease risk in our lives. Just like drunk drivers. They can't use the excuse that if someone was meant to die they were going to die anyway, they increase the risk of killing someone. Well. I had 8 miscarriages. I did what my doctor's told me. It took time, but eventually I ended up with 3 healthy sons.
    You may be right, to some degree....if it's going to happen it may, but why would you increase the risk over waiting one month. Believe me with my history, I totally understand how you feel, I wanted a baby so badly, and everyone I knew was pregnant. But take your doctors advice, and be patient.

    Wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy and baby.
    ohwrite

    Answer by ohwrite at 9:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

  • I really think you should listen to your doctor's advice, especially since you are experiencing thyroid problems. Your health is most important.
    neebug3766

    Answer by neebug3766 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

  • I would listen to the Dr personally. That way you know you are doing everything in your power to prevent any complications. I agree the big man is in control, but maybe he is working through her. One month is not a long time, I would hate for you to have to endure the devastation of a m/c again. Good Luck whatever you decide:)
    BandME

    Answer by BandME at 9:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

  • Take the docs advice. Sure, if its meant to be its meant to be-but why would you take the higher risk of a m/c instead of waiting for a safer oppertunity? I am not bashing-just stating a fact.
    ABusyBee

    Answer by ABusyBee at 9:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

  • Thyroid issues can be very serious especially if you were pregnant. I would listen to the doctors advice. I know you want a baby now but your chances of a healthy pregnancy will be higher if you wait until your body is healthy. Good luck :)
    usbornebooksdh

    Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

  • LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR.
    ballewal

    Answer by ballewal at 9:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

  • All these are great answers...listen to your doctor, but honesly everything is in Gods hands...if you were meant to have a baby it will happen. Good luck
    Kellixclark

    Answer by Kellixclark at 9:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

  • Knowing how hard a miscarriage is to go thru, why would you take the chance when your doc said no? I know what you are going thru,I have been there- I had an ectopic and had to wait 6 months before trying again,Im glad I did because I had a healthy pregnancy.
    wood1980

    Answer by wood1980 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.