• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone ever had someone in your family steal your thunder???

I found out it was a boy. My husband wasn't able to be there and my sister-in-law came with me along with my daughter. They were just doing a sono to find out if baby was okay and I was 15 wks 6 days and the nurse decided to see if she could what it was and she could and he wasn't shy about it either, BAM clear as day ha ha ha. Soon as we got out she sent text to everyone I was having a boy, my mom, my brothers, my grandmother, everyone that meant a lot to me that I wanted to tell, that I should of told and didn't tell me she did it and I started trying to call everyone they were like yeah we know its a boy NO excitement whatsoever cause of that. I did get to tell my husband before she did. I was so mad and it hurt my feelings. I was more mad than anything. Anyone else have this happen to them???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That would have sucked. I would have kinda been mad too, because it's not her news to tell it's yours!!!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• not like that, but my sister is all about being more important than me, it doesn't bother me. I guess your SIL was just really excited, that is no excuse though. Sorry that happened to you.
    reava

Answer by reava at 9:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• yes i have
    my husbands sister told EVERYONE including my own husband! before i ever got the chance.i wanted to ring her neck
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I didn't have a single person to tell because my husband and my mom were at the ultrasound and started texting everyone before the ultrasound was even over.... yeah, it was kind of disappointing.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 9:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• How unthoughtful!
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 10:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• yeah, that's just wrong, I understand her excitement but that's your baby you should of been the one to share. I had something like that similar happen to me with my first and I was very upset. I didn't talk to them for about a wk.
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• my mom told my SO sister before we could tell his mom so she already knew so i was like damn wtf.. its my special time why do people have to ruin it especially since this is my first baby
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 12:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2010