Is it true that inductions take longer?

I'm going to be induced tomorrow at 6 A.M.
I'm SOOO nervous!
Is it true that inductions take longer? That would be aweful, because my last labor wasn't induced and it was 21 hours!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i checked in the hospital at midnight. They started all the meds to kick things off around 1 am. I had an epidural at 5:00 am, they broke my water at 7:00 am and my son was born at 10:42am. I pray this next birth is that easy. Don't be nervous--i know, easier said that done. You are about to have the biggest blessing of your life. Best wishes for you all!
    LBD3910

Answer by LBD3910 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I was induced at 6 to and had my son by 11.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 9:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• No it just depends on the person. I was induced with my first and took 14 hrs 59 mins for her and the doc told me normally your second pregnancy goes faster but not everyones but most. So there is only one way to find out momma. Good Luck!!
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I have heard that they do, but I do know they are much more painful. The potocine (sp?) makes contractions worse than with out. I had planned on going with no drugs but wound up getting an epidural after 6 hours, I was only in true labor for about 12 hours.
    KristeenieB

Answer by KristeenieB at 9:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Well if you think about it..
    being induced youre starting totally fresh. No dilating ... (most of the time or very little)
    naturally, you dont know you are dilating, so you just go in to the hospital when your contractions are close together....

inducing you have to wait to get to that point of 10 cm and contracting close together.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I was induced both times and was only in labor 3 hours with both.
    depends on the person. (no pain meds btw)
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 9:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I was induced at 10 am and did have my son till the next day at 4 am. talk about long..
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 9:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i have never been induced, but all of my births were very different. i would imagine that not only is it different for every woman , but probably different for each birth too!
    good luck mama!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I was induced and only in labor for 2 hours. My cousin went into labor on her own and was in labor 16 hours. My mom went into labor naturally and was in labor for 12 hours. My sister was induced and in labor for 7 hours. So I'm going to say that it varies and there's no way to say for sure(:
    collegexmamix28

Answer by collegexmamix28 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My induction from start to him being born was 7 hours so i'm going to say no.
    Nemhs

Answer by Nemhs at 10:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2010