I'm bawling right now.....

My dh said that he wanted to go to bed, but a few minutes ago he stormed out and said that our dog peed on his blanket. We have 2 cats and a small (under 15 lb) dog, so it could have been any of the animals. I was standing next to my dd (she was on the couch) and the dog was at my feet. My husband charged at him and I screamed, "Don't hit him, he doesn't even know what he did anymore!" He kicked my dog...hard, the poor thing yelped and went up in the air. I know I shouldn't have done it, but when I saw my husband pulling his leg back, I threw my arm out and hit him across the chest with the clean diaper I was holding in my hand. Dh became enraged and told me to never hit him again before slamming himself in our bedroom. What the hell just happened?!? I've been so stressed out lately and now this happens. I just had to get this out I guess, I have a feeling he's going to fight with me about this for a while now...

-xoxo-

Asked by -xoxo- at 9:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like an underyling issue. Has he had anger problems at all that you know of or that his family knows of?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i would tell him never to hit or kick my dog again if he didnt want me to hit him.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Wow, I'm sorry. I don't think you did anything wrong. A kick like that can kill a small dog and you were just trying to stop him. He had no right or reason to act like that. Blankets get peed on. Would he do that to your 2 year old if she had done it? I hope not. He needs to control his rage. ((Hugs))
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 9:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• poor thing. the best thing to do is give it a little bit of time and then just go to him and talk about it. Tell him you were scared for your dog...best thing is just to talk about it. 9 out of 10 he feels he over reacted too...
    Kellixclark

Answer by Kellixclark at 9:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I am so sorry. I wanna send a hug your way. It sounds like a very scary situation. I hope he has never hit you. I am worried that your dog may have been injured but more worried that your dh is being violent and could hurt you or your baby.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 9:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I would get him help before it gets too out of control. Hitting pets is a major sign of abuse. Trust me, I've been there.
    ambie1983

Answer by ambie1983 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• ummmm hunny that sounds like a volatile situation. I dont mean him coming at the dog (although I know some will disagree) but how mad he got that you stepped in (hunny unless you gave him a black eye or busted his nose you didn't really "hit" him!) anyhow I guess I would just be concerned about your safety. If he ever thinks he can hit and you cant you grab the nearest frying pan and beat him till he cant get up then get out and call the cops. I dont know him so I'm not judging (just by his reaction to "you" is what I am concerned about!)
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 9:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• He has never been violent towards us, I'm totally confused right now. I mean, so he has to use a different blanket tonight, it's not the end of the world you know? The dog isn't even a year old and this isn't his normal behaviour. I know his kitten was in our room today, it could have been her for all I know. I'm not an abusive woman and for him to look at me like that and tell me to never hit him again is just ridiculous. It was a light tap across his chest with a clean diaper....

-xoxo-

Comment by -xoxo- (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Is there something bothering him? I'm not trying to excuse his behavior, but if he was upset and went to bed because of it, and then found the blanket, it may have just been the thing to make him lose it. When he's calm you might want to talk to him, tell him you want to be sure he's okay, but that you don't like what he did, that if it was an issue he could come to you to work through before it gets so bad that he loses it.

If it wasn't that he was upset to begin with, I don't know what to tell you. I'm sorry. If its never happened before I'm sure there's an explanation, though, and if so I'm sure if you talk through it it won't happen again.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Oh my goodness I am so sorry. I am not one for hitting anyone but even I would have hit to protect my pet or my child from ANYONE about to kick them across the room. He needs to get help for that sort of temper.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2010