How much time do you spend away from your children?

Currently, I spend about four hours a day on average with my children, as a SAHM. Granted, it's because one of them is in the NICU and the other is with her grandparents while I care for her sister 2 hours away from home. I have never been away from my toddler before all of this insanity happened.

How often, and for how long, are you away from your children... whether in day to day life or vacations (fun or otherwise)?

tyheamma

Asked by tyheamma at 9:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• About 0 hours a day .... I have been away from her an hour here and there maybe a handful of times

My hubby and I are going away for two nights in like 2 weeks.... first time EVER being away from my lil girl and shes a year old :(
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I only get a break from my kids when they are sleeping.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 9:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Sometimes I feel like not enough time is spent away from my kids! LOL! On average about 10 hours a week. I am a SAHM.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• sadly, not enough. Only when she is sleeping.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 9:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• at moment the only time i am not with them is when i am in the bathroom and even then i usually end up having to sit my 18 month old in the floor.i am a stay at home mom and havnt much help most of the time.i get about an hour to play on the internet a day. but i still keep them in seeing distance even then,
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I am only away from her when I work. Although occasionally my mom will take her for a night
    reava

Answer by reava at 9:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Only if they are at school but that will change soon enough.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Generally I don't spend a lot of time away, each week my dd is with a parent, myself or my husband 4 of those days and the others with family or friends. There are special circumstances that change this. I was away, out of state, for several weeks at a time so I could have medical treatment in a better care facility than what was available at home. It's hard to be away, but children adapt to situations as long as the loving care is there to get them through tough times. Good luck.
    artC1s

Answer by artC1s at 9:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• laughingAs much as possible! They drive me nuts! LOL! They are in their twenties and on their own, by the way. But, of course, I am their go to person for everything that goes on. So currently the only time I get by myself is at night!!!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I am hardly EVER away from my son, but by choice. Every month or two, he'll be at my mom's without me for a few hours, but that's it. Other than that, we're together all day, every day. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2010