picking a Godmother drama!

My sister is the Godmother of my son and my sister in law was supposed to be the Godmother to our second child. My SIL totally disconnected herself from the family almost 2 yrs ago. She never came around to see any of us. All of the sudden she gets dumped by her BF and now wants to be part of the family again. My husband and his parents think we should make her the Godmother to our little girl but I'm totally not ok with that. She has fulfilled her aunt duties much less her Godmother duties. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think that only you and your husband can make this decision. If she hasn't been around as an aunt, you only have her track record to go on. How does your husband feel about it? Who do you want, and have they been involved with your older child? That's how I would make my decision. Good Luck.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i guess, mostly, i'm wondering why you wouldn't pick someone who would take in both children, if something were to happen... there would be enough trauma at having lost their parents, but then to have their sibling taken away?
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 9:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• In reality, my sister or my MIL would take care of our kids if anything ever happened to us. Ohwrite, I totally agree with her track record. my husband wants to keep the peace but I'm not that kind of person. I don't like drama but I stand up for what I believe. My MIL wrote us a 2 page letter about picking her daughter. she has totally stepped on my toes!
    GiannisMomma

Answer by GiannisMomma at 9:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2010