Manufacturer's coupons...

Whenever I shop at Walgreens, or Jewel, I get manufacturer's coupons printed off after my receipt. Like $1.50 off diapers or something like that. Well a few times I've gone to Jewel and used a coupon that was printed at Walgreens. They said it doesn't matter which store it was printed from because its from the manufacturer. I've even used a Walgreens one at Babies R Us once. Today I went to Walgreens and tried to use a coupon I got from Jewel. The girl said "we don't take Jewel's coupons." So I said that it was a manufacturer's coupons and Jewel said anywhere can take it. She said "well we don't." So I asked if she could just try it and she got real snotty with me and said again that they don't take Jewel's coupons and handed it back to me. For some reason this really pissed me off because I KNOW it would have went through. Was she right?

Ash9724

Asked by Ash9724 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Shopping

• Best trick a couponer can learn. Whatever stores you use regularly - program their toll free customer service numbers into your phone. When someone argues with you about something like that, get out your cell and call from right there at the register. In the few instances the CS people agree with the cashier, be nice about it, but usually you will find out it's a poorly trained cashier (or a poorly trained manager who has, in turn, created poorly trained cashiers).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No she was not right...If it is a manufactures coupon it can be used at any store. The coupons will say if they can only be used at a specific store. Next time talk to the manager...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yes. I work at a grocery store and we can't accept coupons printed from other stores. Even if it is manufactured. The store doesn't get it's money for it.
    ambie1983

Answer by ambie1983 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Anywhere SHOULD take Mf's coupons, but they dont have to. Next time, ask to speak to a supervisor or use the coupons elsewhere. I love couponing!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 9:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I forgot to add that it does say right on the coupon that you can only use it at that store. So unless that store takes competitor coupons, your SOL.
    ambie1983

Answer by ambie1983 at 9:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I would have asked to speak with the manager, then explained that she got an attitude with you.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• She was wrong to not even try it, and she was wrong to be rude to you.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2010