Disneyland help please!

We are spending only one day at Disneyland Anaheim CA.
We have a 5 year old, myself, his aunt and my parents who are in their 50's. None of us are big on very fast coasters because of motion sickness.
What are the must sees? What are the healthiest places to eat at? Best deals? Any pointers? Any info at all would be great about the park! Coupons too if you know where to get them :) THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ride Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion for sure :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Is it a hopper to California or JUST disneyland? If it's a hopper I would go to California and head straight to the Toy Story Mania 1st (LONG LINE) and VERY AWSM!! Then I would go to Monster's Inc ride. Then I would do the Bug's Life area.

I then would head over to Disneyland and see how long the wait is for the fantasy rides Peter Pan is a MUST. Pirates is fun, but my 4 yr old at the time did not like it because of the dip and the smoke. The Haunted Mansion is cool. Oh and try to see the Nemo ride. It's usually a LONG line. The Buzz Astro blasters is cool. The Tiki room is fun but loud. Oh you have to go on the Jungle cruise. That's all I can think of off hand.

Food: I love the mexican place at frontier land. You can always bring food if you want. We have done that a few times.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Just Disneyland. Do you think a 5 year old would like Disneyland more or the other Disney Park? I can only do one. We're doing San Diego most of our vacation and driving there just for one day/night before we go home. Thanks!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• One tip: buy the autograph book for your daughter when you first arrive. All the characters you meet along the way will gladly sign it and have their pictures made with your daughter. Make sure you put your name and address in her autograph book as soon as you get it. My daughter lost hers about halfway through our visit and we had to buy a new one which did not have all the signatures we had already gotten. The people at Disney found it, had ALL the characters sign it and mailed it to us. It was in the mail box by the time we got home. My daughter was thrilled and I was impressed and appreciative.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Also, it will be hot, so bring umbrellas. If it rains, you're covered, if not, you'll have nice shade from the sun.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• With a 5 year old, Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion might be too scary. Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland are also a little jerky for little ones. Definitely go on It's A Small World. Yes, the line is long, but it's a 12-15 minute ride (depending on how fast they're running it) and you get to sit and rest. Plus, there are no scary parts. Head over to Fantasyland and ride the carousel, Dumbo, Casey Jr. Railroad (I think that's what it's called, by Dumbo).  The Tiki Room is also highly annoying (in Frontierland, I think) but again, it's indoors, and you get to sit. There is a thunder boom that might be scary. Sit by the door in case you have to make a break for it. You can go on Mark Twain's river boat. You can take the raft to Tom Sawyer's island.  If you want to climb, you can go up in Tarzan's Tree House (formerly Swiss Family Robinson Tree) but it's a lot of stairs.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Nearby that is the Jungle Cruise, which is good for people of all ages. California Adventure might be better, but you only have time for one.  I could go on an on. I lived in SoCal for 30 years and was a pass holder for the last 4. In CA Adventure, there is the whole Bug's Life land, which most things there are good for the 5 year old, maybe not the bumper cars, depends on how tall s/he is. There is also a totem ceremony if y'all like Brother Bear, which we think is awesome. I also like the food over there better.

Know that they will check your bags, so don't try to sneak in any food. They want you to buy their overpriced food. I've taken water bottles without problems though. There is no such thing as healthy food in Disneyland, sorry. What fun! You're going to have a great time, regardless. OH!!! Watch the fireworks, probably still at 9 pm. If you can catch Fantasmic, it's AWESOME! I'd watch the Electric Parade, but it's
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• The Electric parade has been moved to CA Adventure. Sorry that got long.
    Pnukey

• Pnukey-thanks thats really helpful! Do you have any advice for San Diego parks? We are doing LegoLand, the zoo and animal park, and Sea World too. We'll probably go by the beach too if you know where a good place is for that. Thanks for the help!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 10:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• If you can only do one do Disneyland. My son went to disneyland when he was 4 and went on a lot of rides. As for food, We never "snuck" in food. They saw our food and let us bring it in.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 9:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2010