Do your kids like old movies?

Today my kids, who are only 4 and 5 were disappointed we no longer had Wizard of Oz on the DVR...my receiver was old and the tech from DirectTV told me I needed a new one so we lost all the saved recordings. I think it's funny how much my kids love that movie - they'd watch it every day if I could stand to let them. I can't watch any movie every day, over and over like they can.

momof2inCT2007

Asked by momof2inCT2007 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, although I guess it depends on what you think of as "old movies." I don't really think of the Wizard of Oz as old, although I guess it is... My kids watch what we watch, so they have seen most of the classics and a number of old B&Ws... They get a kick out of making up dialog for the silent films! lol

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My daughter loved the old movies.. Bambi, Cinderella, Lady and the Tramp, Alice in Wonderland, and, of course Wizard of Oz, along with many others. I bought them and let her watch them over and over if she wanted. Beats the junk on tv and in the movies now. Those old movies taught values that I worked hard to instill in her, so she could watch them whenever she wanted. We still have the whole Disney collection of older movies and she is 15 now and still pulls them out once in a while.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Yes, my three year old likes the old disney movies and some of the older cartoons.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 10:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My kids love The Three Stooges and The Little Rascals. They do like old movies.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Oh of course, they love the Wizard of Oz too!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I can do one better....how often do you cry when you see your child like a movie/ tv show you grew up with? I do it every time. It's like a sneeze or yawn ...it just happens...."Oh there goes mommy again"...LOL Anyway my kids are going ga ga over The Fox and the Hound right now. Gotta watch it EVERY night.
    truetigress

Answer by truetigress at 2:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• it depends on the old movie.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 7:03 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My DD is almost 3 and loves older movies. She really loves Sound of Music.
    GraceZsMom

Answer by GraceZsMom at 11:51 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• yes. i still want my youngest to see "Grease" he didnt like the original "karate kid" like i thought he would. maybe he can give it a second look.
    RoseWall

Answer by RoseWall at 5:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Not really, but I will have to look into the little rascals and the three stooges. Slapstick is right up their alley, and they remind me of the little rascals.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 8:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2010