Rett syndrome?

They think my 3 yr. old daughter has autism and because she is constantly twisting her hands together they think she may have Rett syndrome. I've researched it online and got a lot of info. She does have some of the common characteristics I was just wondering if any of you have a child with rett syndrome?

*Also some of the characteristics that her dr. noted were hand twisting, putting her hands together behind her neck, toe walking, falls down a lot and she talks good its just hard to have a conversation with her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Kids' Health

• hi there
    my daughter has rett-feel free to email me if you want ericabrobertson@yahoo.com.
    we just got her diagnosed about 8 months ago and she will be 6 next week. it stinks but definitely not the worst thing...there is so much support and researchers are so close to a cure!
    ericabrobertson

Answer by ericabrobertson at 1:52 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I dont know anyone but heres a bump for you!
    silverdawn99

Answer by silverdawn99 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I actually do know a couple of families that have children with Rett Syndrome. If you like, you can PM me and I will give you a link to another special needs parent networking group where you can talk to others and get more information.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I've read about it online. I hope you can find out what's going on with your little one.
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 9:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2010