Cloth Diapers?

Is 14 months too young to start cloth diapering? I have always wanted to use cloth diaper, but while I was in school disposables were easier because that's all the daycare would allow. I want to start cloth diapering since I am able to stay home now. How would I go about starting? How many diapers, and inserts and all that stuff would I need?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I ordered mine from TheLuvYourBaby.com site. I paid via paypal. But my son is 8months and I have a toddler and I am just tired of spending soooo much on diapers and pull ups. I have my oldest in underware all day and thought why don't I have cloth diapers?? I looked at many sites and these were the most cost effective ones. Haven't gotten them yet, but sure I will love them.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I went with the bumGenius, because the one-size pockets just seemed so easy--and they ARE. I'd recommend the OS pockets without reservation. We CD'd til 18 months, then my daughter refused to keep them on for a time and we were traveling a lot, which made them more difficult to use. I have since started up again. My daughter's 2 now and working on potty learning. She loves the cloth and fights me if I try to put a disposable on her now. The best size stash for me was around 20-24 diapers. It was an expensive purchase up front, but has saved us SO much money. We have used the same diapers from 3 months to 18 months and now again from 2 years on. There are some terrific CD groups here--I used to belong to both Cuties with Cloth Booties and I think Cloth Diapering Mamas. I left when I stopped CDing, but I should probably rejoin. I love cloth. Start out with a few to try them, but everyone I've suggested it to has switched hehe.
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 10:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Cloth diapers can be used with newborns all the way up. They come in sizes. They are good for the environment but the only drawback is that you will be washing more cloth diapers and what are called diaper covers that go over the diapers. I used them for a period of time when I realized how many disposables I was throwing away and the amount of garbage they create.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2010