alternative forum sites

Okay this new system and the dumb questions over and over to lift peoples point is pissing me off - the questions section has changed so much now and I hate it - what happened to just normal questions and answers to help each other as parents rather this rubbish! Can anyone recommend other forums similar to Cafemom where they are interested in parenting and not point scoring?

myheartx4

Asked by myheartx4 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sadly I can't think of any. Cafemom was one of the few sites without point scoring but in trying to keep interest and keeping the site active they've assimilated to a score system.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• The point system may seem silly to you however it has brought a LOT more moms to the Answers section then their was before. And this has been a much nicer area than it was since you have to earn the right to respond anon!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 10:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It is unfortunant that so many moms came here to be rude and mean, versus helpful and tHATS why this new system is in place. and it is working. The section has been far less hostile since the "anon" option has to be earned. and i have learned alot about moms I never would have met otherwise...
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• There are groups in here, too. The groups don't have scoring, and you can find a group for just about anything.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Google it. I'm sure you can find something.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It is unfortunant that so many moms came here to be rude and mean, versus helpful and tHATS why this new system is in place. and it is working. The section has been far less hostile since the "anon" option has to be earned. and i have learned alot about moms I never would have met otherwise..."

I agree!
    LovingSAHMommy

• it might have brought more Moms but the sort of questions being asked are not about parenting. I so sad that it has changed so radically. Think it might be over and out for me - I am looking for a community where we don't have to compete , when a new first time Mom is equal in standing to a mother of 6 teenagers, and where people are genuinely seeking help and answers.
    myheartx4

Comment by myheartx4 (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I agree about the anon button - but I disagree with the points for a question like " do you like to earn points?" anyway, it was nice while it lasted
    myheartx4

Comment by myheartx4 (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I am just answering questions like I always have and I don't care about the points and levels and all that .....just ignore it and it will be just the same as it always was before all the points and the "freshman" and Sorority stuff. LOL. DOn't make it so hard....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I never came over here much before because of the insidious troll problem. I haven't had that problem now. I just noticed the point thing yesterday. It doesn't seem like there are any more silly questions than before.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 10:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2010