how do you clear up zits?

rileymommy

Asked by rileymommy at 10:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Health

• I was given this advice and it has helped a lot:
    Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• we use tea tree oil...warning this does get a little warm and stinks to high heaven but it works for us. If we have a bad flair up we use it straight out of the bottle', for normal use we add 3 drops to a sink of hot water.
    DazeDelights

Answer by DazeDelights at 12:36 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• zits as in black heads/white heads/papules and pustules?

or zits as in acne?

big differences BTW, one situation you treat from the outside (blackheads/whiteheads/papules/pustules (aka pimples)) see above answers for treatment options or treat yourself to a facial :)

zits as in acne you need to see your doctor. Acne is caused by a number of different things but can't be treated with topical applications. It typically requires change of diet, and a health check up, trying to eliminate stress, and sometimes medication
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:12 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I was getting really bad break outs on my arms. I started using an antibacteral body wash. Cleared right up. Plus I had boils in my arm pits(infected hair folicles). I haven't had any more problems since I started using the body wash.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• How funny! This was my response!!!

I was given this advice and it has helped a lot: Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:03 AM on Jun. 28, 2010