Can you help me? For the absolute serious believers ONLY!

I grew up in an Independant Baptist church. As I got older maybe 13 or 14 I decided I was not going to be forced to go to church. I was going to make my own decisions. Well to make a long story a little shorter, I became sexually active around that age & pregnant at 16. I wound up having 3 children out of wedlock, living with men (unmarried). I lived with my now husband for 8 years unmarried 2 of my children I had out of wedlock belong to him. I am now pregnant with my 4th child. Now that I am in my late 20's looking back I regret how I have lived my life and how I have brought up my children! I want my children to know Christ but how can I lead them if I don't REALLY know him. I believe in God, but that's not enough! I need to change my life. I need to build my life, home and family around God. How? What do I need to do to become a better Christian, how to be a better Christian mom? I need help! I feel like I am drowning!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• first of all take a breath honey...God is with you right now :)...he is always there, waiting for us to ask the questions you are asking. My thoughts are this...first ask God to forgive your past and ask him to help you...thats the first step. Then start thinking about local churches you can attend, meet some people...read the bible..baby steps or big steps it doesnt matter to God. as Long as you want him with you and in your heart, He is there. good luck honey.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• You can't undo anything, so you can't blame yourself for it or feel badly for it. Give it to God, and take each day as it comes, one at a time. You can't do anything about what's already past, but you can do your best to take each moment as it comes and live the way you feel is best.
    Best of luck to you!
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• We all have regrets sometimes and sounds like your conscience is getting to you....thats normal. If you want to educate your kids about God or anything, you have some decisions to make. You can pray if you feel like doing so and do you have a bible? You can research bibles on the internet, since, you have internet :). The Lord's Prayer is a model prayer and its found at Matt 6:9. Communicate with God if you want him in your life....GL!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• it's like the prodigal son. go back home. not in a physical sense, more like a spiritual sense. start going to church, let your kids go to sunday school.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 28, 2010