Would you keep him in your life?

My biological father (whom I've only gotten to know over the last six years) called my older sister and chewed her out (she does NOT have contact with him if she can help it). He then called my grandmother (who has only had contact with him again for about a year now) and cried to her telling her how horrible my mother and my sister are. He said that he was the last to know I am having a boy (he found out before my MIL did). He said he wasn't going to get to be there for the baby blessing after he's born (I never said anything of the sort, nor did I imply anything like that).
All of this the day AFTER I told him I needed as little stress as possible.

What would you do? Cut him out or stick it out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• yeah he sounds a little unstable to me! Next time he calls, tell him you don't want to listen to any rubbish, you don't want lies made up and he can call you when he s ready to act like a grownup. Tell him that you won't tolerate bitching about your sister or mother, that you are a family and support each other and "that which isn't for us (as a united family) is against us" The baby's sex is none of his business and who you choose to invite to the blessing is up to you. Good luck, sometimes it is better to just not have these people in your life
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Sounds like a drama queen and no I would not keep in in my life.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Oh my, if he were a woman, he would be a drama queen! Tell him that he was not the last to know and if he is going to make such a big deal about it, you would rather he stay at home. He needs to wake up and smell reality and stop being such a baby himself! If he continues to act like that, leave him out of your life. Like you said, you don't need the added stress of such behavior.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I would ask him what his deal is. Why are you acting this way? Especially after I told you I wanted the least amount of stress. You were NOT the last person to know and even if you were someone has to be...I can't tell everyone at the exact same time.

Let him know that if he continues to act like a child then you are going to cut him off. So tell him to suck it up and be a man.
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 10:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I don't know about cutting him out if he hasn't done anything TO you, but I would limit the contact you have with him if he's stressing you out or making you uncomfortable.
    MynTop

Answer by MynTop at 5:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2010