What is a decent brand for cloth diapering?

Looking to use cloth diapers for my soon to be munchkin. My husband and I are on a bit of a budget and I'm trying to see which diapering system would work best for us. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hurley03

Asked by Hurley03 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you can make your own, that would be the cheapest way to do it.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Gerber has a really good cloth diaper and they are pretty reasonably priced too! You can find them at most stores Wal-mart, Target, Babies r us ect.
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 10:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It's not really cloth diapering but it's enviornmentally friendly and easy for DH and the rest of the family to use... I'd check out gdiapers. I think it's gdiapers.com
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 11:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• We started out by using prefolds from Little Lions with Thirsties covers. Then we slowly bought pocket diapers to try out and we use those when out and about. We now have 12 pockets and then about 18 prefolds. My daughter grew out of the Little Lions prefolds so we now buy them from Diaper Junction. We've only had four covers at a time and that was all we've ever needed. I rotate two at a time. With the pockets I bought 2 from a WAHM, 2 Fuzzi Bunz, and 2 Bum Genius. Then I just bought more of the ones I liked as we had the money to do so.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Prefolds are the most cost effective way to cloth diaper, but I wouldn't use the gerber kind. They aren't really all that absorbent (from what i've heard anyway). I think the Flips system is pretty good too...you can cloth diaper your baby from birth to potty training for about $100. Just google Flips cloth diapers. Gdiapers are good too...they have reusable cloth inserts, or tossable/compostable biodegradable inserts. A lot of people like the flexibility to choose.

I'd join a cloth diapering group here on CM...you'll get LOTS of good info!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:40 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• thanks ladies for all your help... I think i'm going with Gdiapers... i've been able to find out a lot of info and it seems as though people really like them for their versatility as well as the look and feel (no bulky). I'm going to find out how to make my own here at home as well, just have see what time i have on my hands. time is just flying by...
    Hurley03

Comment by Hurley03 (original poster) at 10:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010