Are you getting tired of people asking ridiculous questions just to get points?

Honestly, this is the first question I have asked. I am so sick of the same people asking stupid, pointless questions just to get points. Ever since this point system started, the questions section of this site has been flooded with, "What time do you get up", "How many friends do you have?", "What is your favorite color?" etc. This foolishness is not the reason this site was created. It was created for moms to help moms, period. I, personally, don't care about points. I come here to answer real questions and help others if I can. I refuse to answer the ridiculous questions and I wonder how many of you feel the same?

neebug3766

Asked by neebug3766 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in About CafeMom

• absolutely... Real questions are getting lost in this "game"
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Not at all. I like the fact that their are finally some fun questions to answer...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Honestly, ridiculous questions have always existed here. It's just they remained hidden and unanswered at the bottom of the screen. Now, they push new questions to the top, so you notice them more and gives people a chance at an answer. Questions really haven't changed at all, just more questions like yours' and people asking questions about the new system.
    aluvk4evr

Answer by aluvk4evr at 10:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I like it. I finally get to answer some fun questions!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I agree with SabrinaMBowen. Besides not everyone is posting questions for points. I don't know how many pointless questions I have posted and have gotten zero points for.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• the questions were just as silly before the whole points system, I don't think it's a factor really, just boredom for the people.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• If you want the "popular" questions, go to the Bumped tab. That's usually where all the heated or interesting topics lie. :)
    aluvk4evr

Answer by aluvk4evr at 10:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• At first I didn't like it, but now I'm starting to enjoy the silly questions. From what I've seen, moms are still helping other moms, if not more than usual. I try to especially answer the questions where people genuinely need help. There is nothing wrong with someone asking trivial questions. If you don't like it, continue doing what you've been doing, and don't answer them. I'll tell you what is getting old, though. The moms complaining about the new point system. Most of us like it, and really, the site should cater to the majority, should it not? I'm sick of the questions concerning the new system all together. It's here, it's in place, if you don't like it, no one is forcing anyone to come here.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Not at all. It's different and fun!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• yes..i've seen some of the same questions repeated 10 times over and over
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2010