this is a question from my SO....about women lol...

He wants opinions and thoughts on why we women worry so much about how we look?
I told him because for some reason we have our self worth tied into appearance many times.....let him have it ladies....

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 10:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We don't, we just like to make them think we do because it's fun to watch them walk around on eggshells all the time.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Go to my homepage, select the second journal on the list. I think that'll explain it to him
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Society... period...
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i agree, society
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I don't. But for the most part, I think it's because men expect us to, because society and the media dictate that we should. I actually went off on my husband the other day because he said something about it, and I told him I think it's ridiculous that women are expected to shave, do their hair, put on make-up daily in addition to taking care of kids and doing housework and sometimes even working outside the home -- especially when the extent of a man's expected grooming routine is shaving his face and combing his hair if it's long enough. So I refuse.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Honestly...because I wanna look sexy for my fiance. He has NEVER given me reason to worry that he would cheat, it's my own insecurity, but when we have sex I wanna feel sexy and know that I turn him on. He says I'm beautiful no matter what but it's hard to believe when you feel your goo bouncing harder than your tits!! lol.

All in all, I just wanna know I'm still beautiful to my honey and I don't wanna let myself go.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I don't. I want to be comfortable, beyond that, I'm not really worried about it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Because I like to feel pretty and wanted. I like knowing that I am pissing off my MIL for looking better than she does. (it's one of the few wars I am able to win with her.) And I like knowing that I'm going to be giving men a kink in their necks because they were turning that fast for a second look.

I like being beautiful!
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 10:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It helps boost our self esteem...lol... Plus guys often look at the pretty in the outside ones not at the "pretty in the inside"...lol...
    GodPRKitty

Answer by GodPRKitty at 10:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Media.. The constant surrounding..on TV, magazines, radio etc. Constantly being told you need something more or different to be 'this' desirable. Lots of women fall for it. It begins very, vvery young.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2010