What do you think about an in home sitter?

My son is 14 months old - he's an extremely good boy and is very friendly. A friend of the family has offered to watch my son in my home while I work. (he's at a center now which I love) I work full time. It's a long story, but it would be very beneficial to me to have someone here and I think she would be great. She has two kids of her own - one 10 months, and one 4 1/2 years, which she would be bringing along. Can anyone think of anything I should ask or be concerned about? I already have a list of stuff to talk about, but i don't want to forget anything. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i have an in home nanny for my 2 year old son. She has been with us since my son was 3 months old. I LOVE having her in our house with him. I can't speak to the fact that your lady wants to bring her own children personally, but i would establish some boundaries for what areas are off limits to the kids.
    LBD3910

Answer by LBD3910 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I think it is a good idea, but I would still get a nanny cam... I am paranoid.

Are you providing all the food for her and her kids too? Is that factored into her pay? What about cleaning up after herself and the kids? Is she going to do that or not?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It's always a good idea to have a background check done.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i think it is a great way to go if you can trust her!
    goditrust

Answer by goditrust at 11:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2010