Homemade Facial Masks?

I am looking for a variety of homemade facial masks. I prefer stuff that smells good (i tried the oatmeal and honey-pheeeww it stinks!)I do have skin allergies so i prefer all natural ingredients. Also hopefully a few that actually do some good for the skin (moisturize, get rid of blemishes, puffy eyes etc.) Also some that are safe for me to do with my 3 & 5 yr old girls would be fun too! Any Ideas?

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 11:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Try aloe and couple drops of camomile essential oil.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• *chamomile*
    neebug3766

• not a mask but I make an awesome sugar/salt scrub!

equal parts coarse salt and coarse sugar, enough oil to just cover (you can use any oil - olive, baby, whatever) and a few drops of essential oil if you want a scent.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• make a paste out of sugar and honey, no exact measurements, just make sure its thick enough to stick to your skin. just lightly rub it all over your skin and when your whole face is covered remove it w/ a warm washcloth. the washcloth helps exfoliate and your left w/ soft skin. it may be a little rough on sensitive skin and i always have to put my moisturizer on afterwards. put it doesnt stink and you could eat it if you wanted to haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I use oatmeal and honey and it doesnt smell bad at all? anyways mayo makes a great hair conditioner, just be sure to rinse it all out after 5 mins, cucumbers are great for puffy eyes and feel good ont he skin on a hot day,
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• TAKE PLAIN OATMEAL AND HONEY MIX TOGETHER AND RUB ALL OVER UR FACE AND NECK. LET IT SIT FOR 5-8 MINS. THE OATMEAL WILL CALM HOTSPOTS ON UR SKIN AND BALANCE UR NATURAL OILS. RINSE WITH WARM WATER AND APPLY A COLD TOWEL TO CLOSE PORES. ANOTHER GOOD ONE IS STRAWBERRIES MASHED AND RUBBED INTO UR SKIN. THE STRAWBERRIES HAVE LOADS OF ANTIOXIDANTS THAT PULL IMPURITIES FROM THE SKIN. RINSE WITH WARM WATER AND APPLY COLD TOWEL TO CLOSE PORES. ALSO U CAN USE ORANGE SLICES OVER UR EYES TO MAKE EYES APPEAR MORE REFRESHED AND WARM TEA BAGS ON THE EYES WITH ADD CAFFIENE AND ANTIOXIDANTS TO THE SKIN. PREPERATION H ALSO WORKS GREAT FOR PUFFY UNDER EYES!
    Mz_Momm25

Answer by Mz_Momm25 at 1:13 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• OH AND SOMETHIN MY AUNT TAUGHT ME AND IT RLY DOEES WORK IS THE SKIN LINING ON THE INSIDE OF AN EGGSHELL IF U VERY CAREFULLY PEEL IT AWAY FROM THE SHELL AND PLACE IT ON A PIMPLE OR ONE GETTN READY TO FORM, LEAVE IT ON OVERNITE AND THE SPOT WILL B GONE! WORKS LIKE A CHARM! AND BEFORE APPLYING ANY MASK OR CLEANSER USE A HOT TOWEL AND PLACE OVER FACE TO OPEN PORES SO THE MIXTURE CAN REALLY DO IT JOB! BE SURE TO MOISTURE AFTERWARDS TO KEEP THE DKIN FROM DRYING OUT AND OVER PRODUCING OIL WHICH WILL CAUSE MORE BREAKOUTS.
    Mz_Momm25

Answer by Mz_Momm25 at 1:18 AM on Jun. 28, 2010