I need more than 2 responses, Are there any absolute serious believers out there tonight?

I grew up in an Independant Baptist church. As I got older maybe 13 or 14 I decided I was not going to be forced to go to church. I was going to make my own decisions. Well to make a long story a little shorter, I became sexually active around that age & pregnant at 16. I wound up having 3 children out of wedlock, living with men (unmarried). I lived with my now husband for 8 years unmarried 2 of my children I had out of wedlock belong to him. I am now pregnant with my 4th child. Now that I am in my late 20's looking back I regret how I have lived my life and how I have brought up my children! I want my children to know Christ but how can I lead them if I don't REALLY know him. I believe in God, but that's not enough! I need to change my life. I need to build my life, home and family around God. How? What do I need to do to become a better Christian, how to be a better Christian mom? I need help! I feel like I am drowning!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Having the desire to have a relationship with God is the first step, so it looks like you are going in the right direction. This may sound pretty basic, but they are tried and true. Pray, read the Bible and find a local church where you can learn and get the support you need. You can PM me if you want. I went to an Independent Baptist school, so I am very familiar with their teachings.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 11:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I agree with the first answer, just pray. If you are truely sorry and you ask God to forgive you and come back into your life (or come into your life for the first time) He will. You aren't going to to suddenly be perfect, you can't expect yourself to suddenly change and be a different person overnight, but the Holy Spirit can change you over time. And maybe some things will change suddenly, it's not impossible, I just wouldn't expect it and wouldn't beat myself up over it. For now just pray, start reading your Bible and start looking for a good church. I hope you get some more answers.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• You need to start from the begining. Go back to church repent of your sins and give your life again to Christ by declaring that he is your Lord and Savior and that you and your family would serve him. Find out about womens bible study in your church and go to them is the best way to learn who Christ is and also get your chidren involve in the children bible study program. I don't know if the Baptist church does any of this things but I know my church does. ( I'm Pentecostal.) Go on to your fathers home and he will welcome you with open arms. God loves us and is waiting for all his children to return to Him. Lots of blessings for you... Jesus LOVES YOU!!!!!
    GodPRKitty

Answer by GodPRKitty at 11:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Pray! Join some church activities and study your bible. A lot of churches have adult bible study classes.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I feel your pain, I really do. I want my son to grow up to know God, but I'm going to struggle with that because i don't feel that I have strong enough feelings on it myself. I'm not sure if you can get your kids to be strong believers if you, yourself, are not. If you truly want to build your home and life around God, I think the only step you need to take is to strengthen your own faith. I think once you are strong in your faith, you'll naturally build your home around God.

I'm not preaching, because I'm truly a bit lost on the whole topic...I'm just saying what I think would happen for myself if I could get there. :) (just wanted to be honest about it) Good luck. :)
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Well Kylie that is a good thing he took the 1st step and the best thing is that you have to do anything at all. Let God handle things you do your part (go to church, read the bible, pray, and stay away from sin as much as possible) and God would take care of the rest. You need to be a light and an example to your family and they will follow you. The enemy will always try to get you of track but if you keep your eyes in the Lord He would make everything workout. Pray and ask the Lord for blessings for the non-believers and He will help them find their way also. Lots of blessings for you and your family...
    GodPRKitty

Answer by GodPRKitty at 11:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• You aren't listening at all to the Word of God. Your sins are washed away.

Stop focusing on the bad you've done. You have wonderful children, and you can study Christ together.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:09 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Start slowly, everything doesn't have to happen tomorrow. Start by going to church. Go to the library and check out age appropriate books for your kids.  Learn some prayers together.  VBS is going on now at many Church's, and kids love going because its a very active day filled with lots of different activities. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:06 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Can you at least close out the other question or maybe give it some time. You realize it is getting late and most people are spending the evening with their families,getting ready for bed, etc. Perhaps in the morning you will have more responses. Try to have a little patience.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I actually find there are quite a few moms that come on here after they spend time with their little ones and go to bed, so you may still receive more responses tonight. Sadly I can't help with your actual question but good luck finding what you need to accomplish your goal.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2010