Christians, how do you deal with the concept of Hell?

This question is for those who believe in Hell and believe one must be saved in order to go to Heaven, although I suppose anyone can answer.
Do you ever think about Hell? Does it bother you or scare you? I don't come from a Christian family, I was saved when I was 16. When I think of people I love dying it sends me into an absolute panic. The thought of Hell terrifies me, it makes me physically ill. My heart will start to race and I'll feel sick to my stomach. My grandmother had her 90th birthday in April and just to think of her makes me panic because I know she doesn't have much time left. I pray for her salvation, but I don't know how to talk to her about it. I don't want to be the religious nut who is trying to "convert" people, but I don't know how to cope with this. I walk through the store and see people of obvious other faiths and want to cry. If you believe in eternal torment do you struggle like this?

mybella81

Asked by mybella81 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• You should worry and it is normal to worry our pastor speaks alot about how he carrys a burden for all of our salvation. Just remeber good works is not what gets you into heaven dont be quick to judge people you see in public, But that is your responsibility as a christian how will people know about Hell if you dont inform them. As far as your gradmother You should share your testimony with her tell her about God and Hell. Pray for her and pray that God will give you strength to witness to other people about God. Have your heard the phrase fishers of men?? Well thats what christians are fishers of men i feel sometimes people get so caught up in the motions of being a christian. Tell everyone you see about God and what he has done in your life most imprortantly live like a christian actions speak louder than words. I hope this helps you.:)
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 9:13 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• It really doesn't bother me. I know its there. It saddens me that people I know and love will end up there. All I can do is my best to show them the right path and that God will be able to enter their hearts and lives so that they won't go. I know once I get to heaven though all those that go to hell won't matter to me(harsh I know). All I can do is my best and let God do the rest.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:09 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• It doesn't bother me because I feel that I'll be going to Heaven. I honestly never think of Hell. I feel that I'm living my life as I should be, and I'm living it as I most likely always will and I'm comfortable with my beliefs, so why worry about something that I can't really control any further? As for people of other faiths, I don't believe that just someone doesn't worship a particular God that they're necessarily doomed. I think God knows in your heart if you're a good person, and I also believe that a lot of religions worship the same God, only in a different form or in a different way...and don't even know it. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I do believe in Hell but I don't worry about it because all I can do is be the best person in this life and work on myself. That is all I can do and that's enough.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• did you ask jesus christ to come into your life? do you believe that jesus died on the cross to save us.if you do,then your are saved. there is an hell, rather any one believe it or not. read your bible. you'll find the answers to your questions.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 8:28 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Aww, I was all excited and then I saw it was for Christians who believe in hell. (I don't) *pout*
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• God speaks to each in his or her own way.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• It is scary if you dwell on it. I would rather dwell on the promise of heaven. I agree with what Ryansmom said. We can pray for others and we can walk with God and hope that others see Him as we go.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:25 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• As for your grandmother, perhaps a good way to bring it up is to just tell her you love her and that you know God loves her too. Tell her that you want to see her in eternity and ask her if she has thought about it. Let her talk and listen to not what she says and also how she says it. Pray for her and keep praying. If she wants to hear more, share some Scripture with her about God's love and salvation through faith. If she is not receptive, don't push but continue to pray. That's all anyone can do. It wouldn't hurt to ask her from time to time if she has thought about your conversation.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:36 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• that should have sai "listen to what she and also how she says it."
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:38 AM on Jun. 28, 2010