my 2 year old son is done with mom, can't get enough of dad

i'm so happy that my son and husband have a great relationship, but recently my son is totally uninterested in me, and only wants to be with his Dad. Is this a phase? Does it pass?

LBD3910

Asked by LBD3910 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes it's a phase and He'll want Mommy again. but enjoy it while it lasts.
    tushpush1966

Answer by tushpush1966 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It just means that is so comfortable with your relationship with him that he can check into dad now. It's hard the first time around, enjoy those little moments to yourself. You'll always be mommy.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• It's just a phase, he'll "balance out" more after awhile. Then, he'll go through it again when he's about middle school yrs. I know it's hard, because this is your baby boy, but it's a normal (and good for him developmentally) thing. Just hang in there, be there for him, and don't make a big deal out of it around him or anything :-)

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Absolutely a phase. "favorites" cycle occasionally with young kids and then balance out. You'll also find, through-out the years, that you and DH will end up with "job" assignments. ;) Even though I can play ball with DS just fine, he still views that as "Daddy's" job, while, no matter what DH tries, my job apparently is to help him study and do his homework. ;) that's DS's task assignments for us. ;)
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 9:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2010