Anger Management

Ever since I had my baby in early March, I have been angry, but only with certain people. I was never an angry person before, and most of it is pretty irrational. Has this happened to anyone else? How long did it last? What did/do you do to calm down when you are angry? I feel crazy!!!
I do not currently have insurance and can't afford to see anyone for it. HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you looked into PPD?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Take fish oil everyday. It helps me with my depression/anxiety (anxiety turns into anger with me)
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• PRAY ABOUT IT
    VIRGA_KEMP

Answer by VIRGA_KEMP at 11:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I would also agree its a form of post partum. Your body went thru one hell of a change in the last year. I would talk you your dr next time you go in for a check up. Explain the insurance - they can usually give samples :) just to get you thru the time it takes your body to readjust to the old u.

roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Pray about it, yes and seriously think about whether you could be depressed. Take care hun!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• There are LOTS of resources out there that offer free counseling, anger managment and other mental health services. Many churchs and non profits offer help with PPD which is what it sounds like you have.

My sister has PPD and she acted just like what you described above.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:12 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• This sounds like it could be PPD. Anger and irritability were my biggest symptoms of depression (I didn't think I was depressed because I didn't feel "blue"). If there is any way you can see a Dr, please do. Exercise, sunshine, and large amounts of fish oil supplements will help as well. Check out the resources at Depressionafterdelivery.com

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2010