My poor little man is in pain, how can i sooth him?

last night my 3 month old ds had his first tooth break through. the area is swollen on his gums, and he has a second spot that looks like a tooth is about to come through. i've given him infants tylenol, baby orajel, and we've been giving him cold teethers to chew on. but when he tries to eat, he just screams. i know he's hungry, but it hurts him soo much. it makes me feel so bad. poor little guy, how else can i help him?

nickellmomof2

Asked by nickellmomof2 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Hold him tight and let him know that mommy is there. Teething really sucks. . .I can't believe I'm going to be doing that again! Sometimes just having the emotional reassurance makes babies calm down lots. :)
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Stay away from orijal. Try putting a wet cloth in the freezer and then once frozen let him suck on it.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• anbesol *spelling. really helps. also they have a ton of different kinds of teething toys. Some you can put into the freezer some just help with the pain and are plastic those really helped my daughter
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Hmmm...maybe some crushed ice? Or a pop-sicle...Wow, at 3 months? that's early! I know it's rough, Mama...just hang in there...
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I used to give my little one those really cheap flavor ice packets without opening them. its a good size for thier little hands and they freeze nicely. I had a daycare provider introduce me to some teething tablets that were stronger - you will need to crush it and let it desolve right where the tooth is coming it at, but it works better and longer than other forms.

Good luck
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I used teething tablets with my dd and they seemed to help sooth her, but they did not seem to work as well for my ds. Also, the cold, wet washcloth is a good idea as well.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 11:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• We used teething tablets and teething drops. They worked better than the orajel. and our dentist told us to stay away from orajel since it makes it harder for the teeth to come through

Decker

Answer by Decker at 12:20 AM on Jun. 28, 2010