Extreme hip/leg pain (last trimester)

Yesterday I had so much to do. Anyway, I worked myself up for like 8 straight hours moving around and cleaning , doing windows n such.not the smartest thing to do in my condition but i had to get it over with, currently nesting as you can see. I woke up the next morning, it took me like 15 minutes to get out of bed. and again, 3 times last night. My leg and hip just stopped working, and I don't know what to do? Any tips?? I can't bear not moving around.

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 12:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I went through the same thing with pregnancy #2. My hips hurt so much. Mostly at night. I had to switch from side to side all night. My doc told me it was my body preparing for delivery. It sucked! She recommended a support belt or heat. Good luck!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:04 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Apparently it's called round ligament pain. It's your joints and muscles and bones and all the other things moving to get ready for baby to make his appearance. I suffered with it in my last trimester also. I would take a warm bath (even though you aren't supposed to, I had to because of the pain) and use a heating pad just where you feel the pain. This seemed to help a lot. Good luck and congrats! :-)
    HeatherLeigh

Answer by HeatherLeigh at 12:04 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• The baby may be pressing on a nerve, at least that's what my ob told me when I was pregnant.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 12:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• well when i was preggo around 7 months or so when i was on my feet too much my right leg would just go numb from the hip down and my midwife said it was the baby pinching my sciatic nerve...  the only thing is to take a break and relax for a little bit when it happens..

staceybear23

Answer by staceybear23 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I would say it's either your sciatic nerve or round ligament pain.

Either way the BEST thing I know to do is to find a chiropracter who deals with pregnancy. It's the BEST thing I've ever done during pregnancy. I couldn't even go grocery shopping from sciatic nerve pain in my first pregnancy. It started acting up in my second pregnancy, went to the chiropracter and it WENT AWAY!!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I had this same thing happen. I was walking my dog, and literally could not walk all of a sudden. It was horrible. It went away by the next day, so I'm not sure what it was. It was VERY painful, though.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:12 AM on Jun. 28, 2010