how far were you into your marriage before you really knew your husband?

I know everyone knows their husbands before marriage..and yes i lived with mine for 2 yrs before...but what i mean is..things like when you knew how to lay off in an argument or when to just let things go. How long did it take you to figure him out exactly? Getting to know what makes him emotional and when the right time to talk was..stuff like that.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• like 4 or 5 months. And with every major experience for the both of you, u learn more.they cease to amaze.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I truly knew him a few years before we got married...then again, we lived together for over 4 1/2 years before getting married. I wanted to make sure I truly knew him before marrying him so that there were no unpleasant surprises, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:04 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I never figured it out and we are divorced now.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 12:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• We were together 5 years before we got married. We lived together for 3 years. I'd say we knew each other by the time we were married.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:06 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• lets see...I am going on 5 years of marriage and sometimes i still feel like i don't "really" know him! He keeps changing on me. every time i think i have him figured out, something changes...its kind of annoying!

momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• its hard to say, I'm still learning, he's still learning, there was no pin point time where I actually knew him, I think its just a process. We were together for 3 years before we got married, that was a HUGE turning point in our relationship. Then we had our first child, moved into our first place and that was another huge turning point where we learned even more. Then another 2 years later we seperated for awhile and we had to figure out even more about eachother and our relationship... so that was yet another turning point. I think we know eachother pretty well, but there are times where we may hit a bump and feel completely lost and unknown, and through that processes we learn even more about eachother! Crazy how relationships work huh?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• It took me between 6 months to a year. We been together for 4 years and marry for two so it took me a while to figure him out and now that I know him better the things that bother me about him before don't bother me any more... Its takes time but is great once you get to know them...
    GodPRKitty

Answer by GodPRKitty at 12:17 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• We only knew each other for 8 months, dated for 3 then were married. I happened to be pregnant :) The first few months were both terrible & wonderful just getting used to each other. We separated twice (after 12 years of marriage) & it wasn't until we reconciled the 2nd time that I felt like I truly knew him & loved him completely. Going on 16 years now & our marriage has never been better & I have never loved him more!
    lensgirl

Answer by lensgirl at 12:20 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Me and my husband have been together almost 10 years and I know who he is but i do learn new things about him (some good, some bad) all the time.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 9:15 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Nearly 2 years before the real him I only heard comments about from siblings, etc. came out. Needless to say, we're divorcing and I didn't like the real him. Overbearing, controlling, abusive and although he's somewhat better now, I am never going back to any of that.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2010