God its so scary... 2 year old dies in car today in arizona...

i posted yesterday about the 2 yr old that died after climbing out of his carseat and was in the pool for 30 min.

well today a 2 year old was left in the family car and unfortunately died.

What do you think the charge should be in this case for the parents?

or any charge at all?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Negligence. How can anyone be so stupid?
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 12:06 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Sometimes the worst punishment for people whos children died by their own negligence is the fact that they have to live with what they have done for the rest of their lives.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 12:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Wow! That is scary! And I'm not sure what charges the parents should have. On one hand, how did they not notice their 2 year old missing? But on the other hand, I'm sure they're punishing themselves more than any court could right now....I'd hate to be the judge or jury on a trial like this.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• That's horrible! I lived in Arizona for 9 years, and a lot of kids drowned. They would have counts every year, and try to make it lower each year. You heard about it all the time, I guess because EVERYONE has pools. And why would someone leave a 2 year old in the car? Omg. I don't know what they should be charged with because I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but it was definitely neglect. Regardless, you still have to feel bad for the parents, even if they did do something incredibly stupid. Can you imagine the guilt and grief they're dealing with? Those poor kids.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:08 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I live in Phoenix. Surprisingly, unfortunately, its kind of common out here. I don't get it!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:09 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• They should get manslaughter. Ugh! These stories are so sad. I don't know if I could live with myself if I ever did this...
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:09 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Of course they should be charged! Where were the parents while these children were dying?? I have twin 2 year olds. I have gone days and days without sleep when they've been sick, or when they first came home from the NICU and I was doing night feedings by myself. And I never forgot them, anywhere. I do believe that some of these incidents are pure negligence by parents who had a lot on their minds but even an accident that kills a child is caused by someone doing something and someone needs to answer for the deaths of these kids. Our main job as parents is to protect our children from harm in any form.

RIP little ones.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:09 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• So sad!!!! Parents are so guilty of negligence...
    GodPRKitty

Answer by GodPRKitty at 12:12 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I live in AZ and am apalled at the amount of children who die each yr from being left in a car! How could you do that? It's AZ for crying out loud!!!!!! We reach over 110 on a regular basis here! This is horrible and sickening and makes me utterly sad. I think it is negligence and I think the parents should be in prison for life. They tookd their child's life away when they decided to leave them in a HOT car in a DESERT!
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 12:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• *took, not tookd, LOL!
    chelleybeans