Acchhh! The sippy cup!

My daughter loves her "ba-ba' (it's actually her sippy cup) and she's two! I've always let her decide when she's ready to "move on", you know, when she grows out of something. But it's bad for her teeth right now! And she won't sleep without it! My husband wants to get rid of it, and I want to see if she grows out of it. But I also am concerned about her teeth. What would you do?

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I switched my daughter's bed time cup to water. She likes to sleep with it, and 99% of the time, it's full in the morning and she drinks it first thing after waking up.

As for totally switching from a sippy - haha! if hubby wants to take it away, let him clean up all the spill from a real cup! My 4 year old still uses the take and toss kind so that we don't have huge messes. We have upgraded to a couple of the straw kind though.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:09 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• umm I couldnt imagine letting my daughter stay on the bottle that long.My daughters been on the cup since she was 7 months and could drink out of a regular cup since 8 months,I keep her bottle around for formula,and once she turns 1 im taking the cup and bottle away,both sippy and bottle are bad for teeth.GL
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 12:10 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• What is she drinking in her cup at night? I would give her water in her sippy ONLY at night and regular cups during the day.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:10 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Oops I read wrong,I thought you meant she was on the bottle still,sorry but yes,take the cup away.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 12:11 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Lol I'd love to see an 8 month old baby drinking out of a regular cup. That has to be some sort of record or something. My twins are almost 2 and they use sippy cups. They've just figured out the straw thing so we've upgraded to those and I love them because they don't hardly leak at all. My daughter likes to have water in case she gets thirsty at night and I don't see a problem with it.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:13 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No bottle probs here. Went from breats to sippy's at 6 1/2 months. But if your gonna give the bottle at bed you really should put water in it...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 8:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• give her her sippy at bed time.. and try using either regular drinking cups or the straw cups.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:30 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Lol I'd love to see an 8 month old baby drinking out of a regular cup. That has to be some sort of record or something.

ya I was really surprised too,I started letting her sip out of my cup every now and then and then she finally wanted my cup more than her cup,and she learned not to tilt it so high so it wouldnt spill on her,shes really good with it,shes 11 months now and she knows not to tip her cup or her bottles because they drip,so I just decided to take the cup and bottle away completely at 12 months =]
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 1:09 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I honestly don't think a sippy of water at bedtime would hurt her. It is probably more of a comfort item.
    momto1girl3boys

Answer by momto1girl3boys at 3:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2010