Does anybody else think photoshop is super overwhelming?

I'm trying to teach myself. If you taught yourself, did it take you a while to finally get it?

theutilitarian

Asked by theutilitarian at 12:11 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Have you used the video tutorials on their website?

http://tv.adobe.com/show/learn-photoshop-cs5/

I had an advantage that I'd used other software long before I ever switche to PS.  A lot of it is familiar, it just has different names.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:14 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• yes, I find photoshop to have a very high learning curve. I use it some, but mostly stick with Corel Paintshop Pro, it's much easier for me to navigate and get things done.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I USE PICASA WHICH APPARENTLY IF UR NOT PRINTING UR PICS AT HOME THEN U MITE AS WELL 4GET IT. I HAD MADE UP ADORABLE PHOTOS OF MY YOUNGEST AND WANTED TO SHARE IT BY PRINTING THE PICS OUT FOR MY FAMILY, BUT WHEN I TOOK THEM INTO A LOCAL STORE TO PRINT THEM OUT THEY CAME OUT ALL CRAZY AND NOTHING LIKE WAT I SAW ON MY COMP SCREEN! IM SURE IT WAS SOMETHING I DID BUT CANNOT FIG OUT HOW TO SAVE THE PICS I WANT BAK ON MY SD CARD IN ORDER TO PRINT THEM OUT? AND PHOTOSHOP HAD TOO MANY BUTTONS FOR ME TO USE AND GAVE UP ON IT THE SAME DAY I DOWNLOADED IT. WHERES THE EASY BUTTON WHEN U NEED IT!
    Mz_Momm25

Answer by Mz_Momm25 at 12:17 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I quit, I couldn't figure it out. Big waste of money in my opinion unless you are good at teaching yourself or can take a class.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:17 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I got mine for free so at least I didn't waste my money. I'm determined to learn it, though.
    theutilitarian

Comment by theutilitarian (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Jun. 28, 2010