puppy ears

I've seen some cute mini schnauzer dogs with ears that stick straight up and sorta flop a bit on the tips,without surgical enhancements how do I get my pups ears to do that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pets

• depending on the breed they do it themselves naturally. I have had a lot of dogs but I think unless it was better for the dog I dont think I would have anything (other than reproduction) altered on my dogs. We have a Cocker now for example that already had his tail docked when he was a pup b4 we got him (I wish they wouldn't have docked it though)
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:24 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• If you don't think they will naturally stand like that you could try "posting" them... tape them up like you do when you crop the ears but without cropping. The earlier you start tapping the better as far as training the cartilage to stand. If the pup is over 12 weeks your odds start going down.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:30 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Or if they just need a little help sometimes you can use breath right strips to help them stand.. shave the inside of the ear and then stick the breath right strip going up and down for a little extra support.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:31 AM on Jun. 28, 2010