birth control?

I am on the IUD (had it after my first and now after my second). I have been feeling pregnant for the last week and have come to terms that if I were pregnant (although unlikely) and the pregnancy was terminated in the removal of hte IUD I would be heartbroken. I will obviously consult my dr before I decide on a birth control to switch to, I am wondering if you have any suggestions for a birth control form that does not terminate a pregnancy once conception occurs. Thank you!

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 12:30 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• IUD doesnt always terminate the pregnancy.

which iud r u on?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:32 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i'm on mirena. I am just so worked up over the fact that it could happen... I don't know.
    bloomsr

Comment by bloomsr (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• pill or nuva ring. I have an IUD as well and I can totally understand your fear. There have been women to deliver healthy babies with no complications after IUD removal. Hang in there! GL!!!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:33 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i have mirena as well. im thinking about getting off of it. but havent really had deep thought about it.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'm on YAZ
    It works by 1) tricking your body into thinking it's pregnant so as not to release an egg (typical hormonal BC) and 2) decreasing the lining in the uterus so that if by chance you do release an egg, it does not implant. (IMO that's not terminating, but you can take this info for what it's worth)

big plus - super lite periods! ;o)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Ive always felt better about taking the pill..ive had a friend who got pregnant while on Mirena, so i just feel better knowing im in control of actually taking something.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 12:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i got preg. with my first on the pill (I have to have low estrogen pills due to allergic reactions to other kinds) and got preg. with my second the day after my iud was removed- I am pretty fertile, i guess.
    bloomsr

Comment by bloomsr (original poster) at 12:37 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• me too bloomsr, 3 oopsie kids plus I get psycho on the normal pills, but YAZ is different meds, low estrogen. Ask your dr. about it
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I feel like I am being secretly taped for a YAZ commercial:) Thank you all for your advice:)
    bloomsr

Comment by bloomsr (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Birth control pills allow conception to occur; they prevent implantation from occuring.

What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2010