I'm good...But I'm not that good...

So I met this guy and we've been talking non-stop for a couple days. He's such a sweet guy and could potentially be great for me and my son but I just don't think it's there. We're supposed to hang out on Thursday so I could give it more time but I'm the type to know if I'm interested within the first ten minutes. I'm not sure why I don't want him. He says the sweetest things-which could be part of the problem. I'm not used to it. I also think it's a tad bit fast. It's been four days and he's saying he could spend the rest of his life with me. I've told him to slow it down and he will but he still says things that kinda make me uncomfortable. So my question is, should I give it some time to see if I like him or not? I know he's going to say he loves me when we hang out and I know I could say it back (after all, they are just words) but I don't want to break his heart.

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yeah way too fast. just have fun, don't rush into things or make things serious!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Id keep getting a feel for it....
    You said so yourself its something yo uarent used to. Well u deserve a good guy!! keep at it if you can and see how it goes.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:43 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• You are feeling that way because he's kind of creeping you out. I don't think it's good to come on that strong, it scares people away. Just tell him how you feel and ask him to slow it down!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I think i'm so apprehensive about it because I just got out of something and I'm not so sure it's completely over.
    SaraP1989

Comment by SaraP1989 (original poster) at 12:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Take it slow, dont rush into anything...just see where it goes. I felt the same way about my DH at first, and its been 13 years!!
    sanatchison

Answer by sanatchison at 12:48 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• well id be honest with this guy u are talking to and let him know how you feel he may appreciate it and understand.

Let him know you want to just hang out and see how it goes. If you feel uncomfortable with the things he says let him know.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• A guy saying those kind of things would make me very uncomfortable. You met online I'm gathering? If you did, please please please meet in a busy public place. And no matter who it is, don't say "I love you" unless you mean it. People saying it without meaning it are the ones that have caused the words to lose all meaning.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Go with your gut feeling, slow down and Don't say " I Love You". I hope it all works out for you.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 6:06 AM on Jun. 28, 2010