What do you do when your baby just WON'T stop crying?

I have one-month-old twins and one of them has reflux. Sometimes she just cries and cries and cries no matter what we do. The doctor has already put her on Zantac but it doesn't seem to be helping much. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. lol

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 12:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• swaddle, lay on a slight incline (we used boppy lounger) and run trhe vac. worked EVERY time!! gl!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 9:08 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Congrats, I hope someone can give you a good answer! Twins are tough work....but worth it! xoxoo
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My DS has reflux also and in the begining it was terrible. I was up all night long with him. Do you feed her upright? Also keep her upright for at least 30 minutes after eating. I noticed with DS if he had a pacifier to suck on right after eating it helped alot. He also slept in his bouncer for the first 3 months and is jsut now sleeping in his own bed. I elevated the whole thing so he is never flat on his back. I know it is very tought to go through but just remember it wont last forever. And always remember its better to put baby in swing and take a few minute break instead of loosing your temper (not that you would but you never know) GL and you can PM me it you need anything.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 1:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Thanks. We do feed her upright and she either sleeps in her bouncer or car seat.... but when her stomach is bothering her she won't take her pacifier.... when she has an upset stomach NOTHING makes her happy. lol
    JenMarie2007

Comment by JenMarie2007 (original poster) at 1:10 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Hugs((())) I have no idea. None of my children did tht...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 8:13 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Have you tried wearing her in a sling or wrap?
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'm probably not the best person to ask... my baby isn't strong enough to cry, and that definitely changes my perspective. I hope things work out for you and the twins.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 4:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'd try some very diluted chamomile tea added in as part of the base for a formula bottle. Its soothing to their tummy-- and works wonders as drops when they're ready to teethe.
    Narakyndryn

Answer by Narakyndryn at 6:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2010