sabbath question

I work in a restaurant and we have a very large sunday church crows that comes in. They are rude don't tip and don't even try to clean up their messes. Today while serving one table I heard someone say they needed to do something but would wait because the sabbath. And that got me thinking... If sunday is a day of rest and you're not supposed to work what about making other people work? Isn't going to a restaurant and having someone else wait on you just as bad as working on a sunday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I dont think you are supposed to go out like that ... my FIL doesnt.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:53 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• In my religion we don't buy things on sunday, and we don't work on sunday. We also don't do things, just not buying stuff, but services like movies or anything that would make others work.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:56 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• LOL I've wondered the same thing! :)
    I used to get complained at because I was working on Sunday. "Well duh lady! I have to work on Sunday so you can stuff your face some more!"
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• There are a lot of religions that think that making others work is just as bad as working yourself on sunday. I have heard more than one religious leader say that if you need an essential like groceries or diapers then do it, but try to avoid recreation and unnecessary things that would make others work.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:25 AM on Jun. 28, 2010