How old was your child when you took them on a 4 wheeler ride for the first time?

How old do you think is to young?

staciaw

Asked by staciaw at 12:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• My mom took my son when he was 3 ... but she went slow of course.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 12:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My kids were like 6 months when they got their first ride.
    It wasn't very far or long but they got the feel
    katandjohnmommy

Answer by katandjohnmommy at 12:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• As young as they won't get scared and try to jump off lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• we pretty much live on 4 wheelers all summer long, love going on nice mountian rides that are nice slow safe rides. Is it crazy to put DS (4 months) in a moby and go for a ride? I personally don't see anything wrong with it because the roads we go on are all old dirt roads no one else is on. opinions??
    staciaw

Comment by staciaw (original poster) at 1:00 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I don't see the problem as long as you are comfortable with / used to the area you will be riding on and you feel safe doing it : )
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 1:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My oldest rode on one (first and only time) when he was like 20 months old. I only allowed it because my uncle was begging me to let him. I'm glad he did because he died a week later. My youngest hasn't been on one yet.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:11 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My husband has one, and our boys are 3 and 4. My older son is terrified of the noise and I would never force him. My 3 yr old is too young. If I can't find a helmet to fit them, they are not old enough. I have a friend who had her 8 yr old lose his leg rolling one...I am NOT about to go through that kind of thing all for a ride on a dangerous piece of machinery made for an adult.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2010